How to single crochet (sc):
1. Insert hook under both loops of next stitch.
2. Pictured – hook inserted into stitch under both loops.
3. Yarn over hook. Always wrap away, up, then toward you (some say, back-to-front).
4. Pull the yarn you just wrapped over the hook through stitch. Two loops on hook.
5. Yarn over hook.
6. Pull the yarn you just wrapped over the hook through both loops on your hook.
7. One loop remains. One single crochet made.
To make another single crochet stitch, repeat steps 1-7.
4 thoughts on “Tutorial: Single Crochet (sc)”